- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Third: the seven things:
- My favorite building in the world is the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey. My favorite architect is Mimar Sinan of the Ottoman Empire.
- My university capstone project (dissertation if you will) was about The Trial by Franz Kafka. This is probably obvious (duh, right), but my dissertation is based on a mathematical equation I wrote to represent why every reader of The Trial comes up with a different interpretation of the book and what Kafka’s intentions are (essentially why Kafkalogists are up in the night).
- When I blog, draw cartoons or write in general, I listen to my iTunes on random. I get a bizarre mix of classical music, heavy metal, spoken word poetry, scripture, lectures, country music, pop, techno and whatever else I or my kids have stuffed into the computer (120g of stuff — right now it is “Violin Concerto No. 1 In G Minor, Op. 26: I. Allegro moderato” by Max Bruch and performed by Leon Barzin & Philharmonia Orchestra).
- I only greeted one celebrity. I was at a urinal in Salt Lake City when LaVell Edward’s (of BYU Football fame and legend) induction into the College Football Hall of Fame was announced. I looked to the right and there he was. I couldn’t help myself and said: “Congrats coach.” Embarrassed, I washed my hands quickly and ran out of the restroom.
- I always use the most left urinal in the men’s room.
- There are only two foods I truly dislike and avoid at all costs: grape jelly and bundaegi.
- My favorite comic is Pogo by Walt Kelly followed by The Far Side by Gary Larson.
Forth: nominate fifteen or so bloggers to receive the award and contact them.
This is the hardest part. Once, a blogger I greatly admire rejected the nomination for good reason. Awards should be wanted. I was nominated for another award just after this rejection and have yet to act on it. So, to all my friends I’ve nominated, if you do not want to act on this nomination, please do not do something you are uncomfortable with.
Here are the bloggers I’d like to nominate:
- Sofi’s World
- Sketches from Memory
- Simon Kneebone
- By Common Consent
- Don in Massachusetts
- Spite Wall
- Pussy & Owl Webcomics
- Motley News and Photos
- Maria Pace-Wynters
I love these blogs. There are many others that I love. I love each of these for different reasons: honesty, simplicity, complexity, beauty, politics, creativity, intellectualism, fun, humor etc..
Elizabeth, I want to thank you again and compliment you for the lovely spider drawing. I love spiders (though, there are a couple I kill on sight).